Please refer to and use our student handbook to help your student be successful.
Attendance line: (505) 877-2772 option 2.
- APS students are allowed no more than five (5) unexcused absences per semester, and no more than ten (10) unexcused absences per year.
- The parent/guardian must notify the school each day that the student will be absent, in accordance with the notification procedure established by the school. You can leave a message on the answering machine at any time.
- Absences may be excused for the following reasons, with appropriate documentation:
- Doctor's appointment
- Death in the family
- Religious commitment
- Family emergency
- Diagnostic testing
- School or College visit
Review the handbook for the complete Attendance policy.
Children are not to bring toys or other items of any value to school. This encourages disruptions in the classroom, fights and theft of items. Atrisco is not responsible for any items that are lost, stolen or damaged. Items will be taken away, turned over to administration and only returned to parents.
Atrisco Elementary School students should dress to promote a positive, safe and healthy atmosphere within the school.
Atrisco Elementary School complies with the APS Dress Code which prohibits but is not limited to:
obscene or violent language or images
depictions of alcohol or drugs or other illegal item or activity
racist content, hate speech, profanity or pornography
accessories that could be considered dangerous or used as a weapon
underclothing worn as primary clothing items
sheer or see through clothing
clothing without all sides in the garment
Students must wear appropriately fitting clothing (No excessively tight or revealing clothing, no sagging or bagging permitted)
Hats and sunglasses are not to be worn in the school buildings.
For safety reasons, heelys or any other shoes with wheels should not be worn to school.
Students are encouraged to wear athletic shoes for PE.
Hair color, length, style, including hair coverings or styles related to an individual’s personal, cultural or religious beliefs cannot be considered for disciplinary action.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Parents please remember to check into the front office when on campus. Also, please do not leave your car unattended in the student pick up and drop off area.
- No weapons (toy or real)
- No bodily harm (fighting, kicking, biting, pinching, pushing)
- No threatening to do bodily harm
- No alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products
- No defacing or destroying property
- Toys from home are not allowed at school
- Skateboards and roller blades are not allowed on APS property
- Bicycles are not to be ridden on school grounds, you must get off and walk them
- Foul, abusive or hurtful language will not be tolerated
- Running, playing, or loitering between buildings, including the portables and the courtyard is not acceptable
- Tackle football is not tolerated
- Jumping from swings is not tolerated
- “Play fighting” is not tolerated
- Playground equipment must be used in a proper and safe manner
- Food is not allowed on the playground
- Food cannot be taken from the cafeteria (federal law)
- Passes will be used to leave the classroom
- Uniforms will be worn everyday